Registration is now open for the 2020 Treasurers and Bookkeepers Workshop, “Best Practices for Treasurers and Bookkeepers,” being held Saturday, October 24 from 8:45 am – noon. The Reverend Gary Erickson, Director for Evangelical Mission and Assistant to Bishop Clements, will host the event on behalf of the Northern Illinois Synod.
This workshop will feature guest speakers Molly Hammar-Shattuck, CPA; Thomas Hammar, CPA; and Richard Hammar, Attorney, CPA and author. They will be addressing the following topics:
- Top 3 most confusing tax issues for clergy
- Fringe Benefits: what is taxable?
- Who is an employee? Who is an independent contractor?
- How has COVID affected church finances? What the CARES Act means for churches and church staff
- Risk management – is your church covered?
- Internal controls
- Do you need an audit?
- Essential documents you NEED at your church
The cost to attend this workship is $21. The deadline to register is 11:59 p.m., Thursday, October 22. Those registered will receive a Zoom link at 5 p.m. Friday, October 23.
Register and pay online below.
Contact for Registration:
Nancy Corey, Registrar